When starting No Place Like Home Veterinary Care, a friend of ours pointed out that it can be quite difficult to find an exotic veterinarian in the Tyler & Longview area. Dr. Wilcox went to school in the Caribbean where exotic animals are plentiful, so they hold a very special place in her heart. We are happy to provide treatment to many types of exotic animals and pocket pets.
The exotic animals & pocket pets that we treat include but are not limited to:
- Lizards (e.g., bearded dragons, crested geckos, and iguanas)
- Marsupials (e.g., wallabies, wallaroos, and possums such as sugar gliders)
- Non-domesticated and hybrid canids (e.g., wolf-dog hybrids & foxes)
- Non-domesticated and hybrid cats (e.g., Bengal cats, servals, and Savannah cats)
- Rodents (e.g., capybaras, chinchillas, fancy rats, gerbils, dormice, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, Patagonian cavies, and squirrels)
- Salamanders (e.g., axolotls and tiger salamanders)
- Tortoises & turtles
We do not see birds, old-world monkeys, or any animal that is venomous.
We will not see any animal that is considered illegal to own in Texas. If the exotic is legal in Texas but requires a permit, proof of valid permit is required.
What can we do for your exotic pet?
- Basic medical care
- Nail trims
- Post-purchase exams
- Fecal examinations for intestinal parasites.
- Health certificates for breeders